Dive right into a slice of pizza casserole, it’s consolation meals perfected!
This dish combines pasta together with your favourite pizza toppings in a pizza sauce impressed marinara. It’s all topped off with plenty of cheese and baked till browned and bubbly.
Put together it in a snap for a filling weeknight dinner for a enjoyable new tackle pizza night time!
A New Household Favourite
- This pizza casserole recipe is a budget-friendly crowd-pleaser.
- On this household favourite, a supreme pizza meets our favourite baked pasta recipe.
- Hearty, wholesome, and filling, pizza casserole could be custom-made together with your favourite pizza toppings, something goes!
- This recipe could be ready forward of time and it reheats effectively for straightforward weeknight meals.
Components in Pizza Casserole
Pasta – I like penne pasta however select any medium sized pasta (like rotini, farfalle, or shells). Holes and ridges seize the sauce and this measurement holds up effectively to baking. You need to use cooked spaghetti too if it’s what you will have available.
Meat – Italian sausage packs a punch of taste, floor turkey Italian sausage works simply as effectively. Don’t skip the pepperoni slices (or turkey pepperoni) on prime for a traditional pizza taste.
Pizza Toppings – Add plenty of mozzarella cheese and no matter you’re keen on on pizza. Attempt sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, or olives.
Make this right into a low-carb pizza casserole by changing the pasta for roasted cauliflower. Deliciously simple!
The right way to Make Pizza Casserole
- Prepare dinner and drain pasta.
- Saute meat with onion & garlic. Add veggie toppings (if utilizing) and remaining sauce elements. Simmer for five minutes.
- Toss pasta with meat sauce and unfold in a baking dish. High with cheese and half of the pepperoni slices and parmesan cheese.
- Bake (per recipe under) till the highest is browned. Serve sizzling.
Can You Make Forward?
Assemble the pizza casserole as much as a day forward, cowl it with plastic wrap, and maintain it within the fridge till it’s able to bake.
Storing Pizza Casserole
- Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days and reheat parts within the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Freeze cooled parts in plastic wrap and aluminum for as much as 4 weeks. Freeze a complete unbaked or baked supreme casserole by lining a casserole dish with parchment paper earlier than assembling the casserole (this makes it simple to take away as soon as frozen so the dish can be utilized elsewhere).
- Wrap the frozen casserole in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze it for as much as a month. Thaw within the fridge earlier than baking.
Did your loved ones love this Pizza Casserole? Make sure to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Supreme Pizza Casserole
Simple & tacky pizza casserole is a scrumptious technique to get pleasure from pizza any day of the week!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a big pot, prepare dinner the pasta in keeping with bundle directions, then drain totally.
In the meantime, in a big skillet, brown the Italian sausage with onion and minced garlic over medium-high warmth. Drain any extra fats.
Add your selection of pizza toppings (see notes) and prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes or till greens are tender.
Add drained tomatoes, oregano, Italian seasoning, pizza sauce, and marinara sauce. Simmer for five minutes.
Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and half of the pepperoni slices. Pour the combination right into a greased 9×13 pan.
High with the mozzarella cheddar mix, the remaining pepperoni and parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered for 18 to 22 minutes or till the cheese is browned.
If including greens that have to be cooked (akin to mushrooms or inexperienced bell peppers) add them to the meat and prepare dinner a couple of minutes earlier than including sauce.
Toppings that don’t have to be cooked (like ham, pepperoni, black olives, artichokes and many others) could be added to the pasta sauce.
Extra pepperoni and toppings could be sprinkled on prime with the cheese to make it crispy.
Energy: 441 | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 28g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1232mg | Potassium: 744mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 862IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 305mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.