Easy and savory, this stuffed portobello mushroom recipe will is a favourite.
Portobello mushrooms are filled with a creamy hen and spinach filling, topped with cheese and baked till golden.
Serve it up for a fast dinner, and benefit from the compliments on this simple, pleasant dish!
Savory Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Mushroom caps are earthy and meaty and excellent for filling.
- Serve these stuffed mushrooms as a simple weeknight dinner.
- This fancy entree will be put collectively so rapidly. Add a tossed salad and dinner is served!
- For a keto-friendly dinner, stuffed mushrooms verify all of the containers.
Components and Variations
Mushrooms – Search for massive, unbroken portobellos with deep caps. Common button or child bellas (creminis) can be utilized if portobellos aren’t obtainable or for appetizers.
Filling – Cream cheese and bitter cream are the proper base for stuffed portobellos! Stir in Italian seasoning should you’d like. Use leftover filling to make appetizer stuffed mushrooms. Cheese provides to the creaminess of this filling.
Greens – Onions, bell peppers, and spinach add coloration and taste.
VARIATIONS: Use floor beef or sausage, crab or shrimp, even cooked bacon pieces rather than hen. Make a meatless Monday vegetarian dish by switching out the hen for diced artichokes, brown rice, or black beans.
Mushrooms are porous so it’s greatest to scrub them by wiping away any particles with a clear paper towel. In the event that they’re actually soiled, be certain it’s a really fast rinse.
Use a spoon to scrape off the gills after which roast them cap facet down within the oven per recipe beneath.
How one can Make Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Prep portobellos as directed in recipe beneath.
- Chop mushroom stems & saute them with the opposite veggies. Combine the creamy filling and add within the veggies.
- Scoop hen filling evenly into mushroom caps and high with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake till heated via & the cheese is browned and bubbly. Garnish with recent herbs, if desired.
Storing Stuffed Mushrooms
- Assemble stuffed mushrooms the day earlier than and maintain them lined within the fridge till able to bake. Or prepare dinner, cool, and reheat within the microwave or oven.
- Freeze stuffed portobellos and canopy with plastic wrap on a baking sheet. Switch them to a zippered bag as soon as frozen after which thaw them within the fridge earlier than cooking or reheating.
Did you make these Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms? Be sure you depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Hen, peppers, onions, and spinach are added to a creamy sauce and baked in portobello mushroom caps with cheese.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
Put together the portobello mushrooms by eradicating the stems and scraping out the gills on the underside. Discard the gills.
Brush each side of the mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place them cap-side down on the ready baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, finely chop the mushroom stems. In a non-stick skillet, warmth 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, mushroom stems, and pink bell pepper. Prepare dinner till tender, roughly 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl mix cream cheese and bitter cream with a hand mixer till fluffy. Fold within the cooked onion combination, hen (or diced artichokes), spinach, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Flip the mushrooms over and fill with the hen combination. Prime with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 12-16 minutes or till heated via and the cheese is browned.
Relying on the dimensions of the mushrooms, you’ll have further filling. It may be added to smaller mushrooms and even bell peppers.
Roasting the mushrooms first removes extra liquid. Guarantee to squeeze out the surplus moisture from the thawed frozen spinach to keep away from a watery filling.
Be at liberty to garnish the mushrooms with recent herbs, similar to chopped parsley or basil, earlier than serving for added taste and visible attraction.
Retailer leftovers within the fridge in a lined container for as much as 4 days. Reheat within the oven till heated via.
Energy: 487 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 38g | Saturated Fats: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 708mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5295IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 356mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.