This unbelievable Reuben soup is ideal for anybody who loves a great Reuben sandwich!
Corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese all make an look on this savory soup.
It’s one among our absolute favourite soup recipes, so creamy and jam full of taste.
What’s Reuben Soup?
- Reuben soup recipe tastes like a Reuben sandwich in a bowl.
- It’s simple to make with the entire traditional components discovered within the sandwich.
- This hearty and filling soup can simply function a predominant dish.
- It’s keto-friendly and low-carb, making it an excellent possibility for these watching their carb consumption.
- Pair it with crusty rye bread for dipping or prime with some rye and pumpernickel croutons, regular croutons, or do-it-yourself crostini. So delish!
Components for Reuben Soup
Corned Beef – Use leftover corned beef or deli corned beef on this recipe. If buying deli corned beef, ask them to chop it additional thick (about ½-inch) and dice it at residence.
Sauerkraut – You should purchase sauerkraut at nearly any grocery retailer. Make sure you squeeze extra liquid from the sauerkraut so the soup broth isn’t too salty or bitter.
Caraway seeds – These add the distinctive taste of rye bread to the broth. They add nice taste however you may depart them out for those who desire.
Seasonings – All of the traditional Reuben flavors may be discovered right here, from dill weed to dry mustard, to caraway seeds. What a enjoyable soup!
Extras – Cabbage provides bulk and taste to this soup. Attempt including potatoes, candy potatoes, or cauliflower to the combination.
Methods to Make Reuben Soup
- Prepare dinner onions in butter with celery & caraway seeds (per the recipe beneath).
- Add broth, cabbage, & seasonings, and simmer till cabbage is softened.
- Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese.
Garnish with parsley & pickles for those who’d like and serve with rye bread or croutons.
Storing Reuben Soup
- Retailer Reuben soup in a tightly coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- To freeze, add soup to freezer-safe containers and devour it inside 6 months for the perfect taste.
- To reheat, thaw within the fridge in a single day, then warmth on the stovetop or in particular person parts within the microwave. Shred some additional Swiss cheese on prime to refresh the flavors.
Did your loved ones love this Reuben Soup? Go away us a ranking and a remark beneath!
Reuben Soup has all of the flavors of the traditional Reuben sandwich, in soup type!
In a big pot or dutch oven, soften the butter over medium warmth.
Add the onion, celery, and caraway seeds and cook dinner till barely softened, about 4 minutes.
Stir within the cabbage and switch the warmth as much as medium-high. Prepare dinner for five minutes or till softened. Add the flour and cook dinner for 1 minute extra.
Add broth, cream, dry mustard, salt, garlic powder, dill weed, and black pepper. Deliver to a boil, scale back warmth, cowl, and simmer 10-12 minutes or till the cabbage is tender.
Stir within the corned beef and sauerkraut. Prepare dinner 2 minutes extra to warmth by means of.
Take away from the warmth and stir within the Swiss cheese.
Garnish with parsley and sliced pickles.
- Leftover or deli corned beef works nice on this recipe. Ask the deli to slice the corned beef additional thick if doable.
- Make sure you squeeze the sauerkraut totally to keep away from making the soup broth too salty or bitter.
- Including potatoes, candy potatoes, or cauliflower to stretch the soup even additional.
- Maintain leftover soup in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave till heated by means of.
Energy: 588 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 50g | Saturated Fats: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14g | Trans Fats: 0.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 1185mg | Potassium: 610mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1526IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 342mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.