Kale quinoa salad is delightfully scrumptious and nutritious!
Hail to the kale – and quinoa! These two superfoods style nice blended with different greens, nuts, and cheese after which tossed in a easy dressing!
Make it forward of time for lunches or busy weeknight meals (this salad freezes fantastically too!).
Hearty & Wholesome Salad
- Kale and quinoa salad is chock filled with protein, antioxidants, and fiber, and even children love the mix of colourful and crunchy components!
- This versatile recipe allows you to change out the fruits and veggies for no matter is in season making it a year-round favourite!
- Make this forward of time and luxuriate in for lunches. This salad freezes nicely too making it a simple make-ahead meal!
- Preserve it as a vegetarian entrée salad or add chicken or fish!
Elements for Kale Quinoa Salad
Kale – Select bunches of kale which might be deep inexperienced and take away any torn or wilted leaves, in addition to the stalks. Whereas I most frequently use curly kale, strive different varieties like child, dinosaur kale/Tuscan kale. Bulk up the salad by including chopped broccoli slaw, shredded brussels sprouts, or spinach.
Quinoa – Cooking quinoa in broth (as an alternative of water) provides further taste. A powerhouse of protein, quinoa might be switched out for different grains or legumes. Attempt farro and even brown rice.
Greens – Shredded carrots and sliced purple onions supply colour and crunch and can be found year-round. Seasonal veggies like chunks of roasted squash, corn, or beets might be added as nicely!
Different Flavorful Additions – Dried cranberries add sweetness and so will recent apples or grapes. Feta is a dry cheese that provides a salty taste whereas pecans add a nutty crunch.
Dressing – This sweet-tart French dressing has simply the correct quantity of Dijon mustard and recent garlic. If utilizing a pre-made dressing, go for one thing barely candy and tangy akin to a light-weight fruity or citrus-infused dressing. You too can strive poppyseed or honey mustard dressing.
- Add different veggies, virtually something goes. When you’re not freezing this salad strive cherry tomatoes, purple bell pepper, or chopped cucumber.
- Swap out pecans for pumpkin seeds or pepitas, sunflower seeds, or sliced almonds.
- Cooked rooster and even chickpeas are nice additions for further protein.
Learn how to Make Kale Quinoa Salad
- Make dressing: Place the dressing in a mason jar and shake nicely to mix per the recipe under.
- Prepare dinner quinoa: Prepare dinner quinoa, fluff with a fork, and funky.
- Mix components: Therapeutic massage chopped kale in oil and salt in a big bowl and add the remaining components and drizzle the dressing overtop. Toss to mix and refrigerate earlier than serving.
Storing Kale and Quinoa Salad
- Preserve kale and quinoa salad in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Stir in recent nuts, cheese, or dressing, if desired.
- Consider it or not, you CAN freeze this kale quinoa salad recipe whether it is made with the components listed under. As soon as thawed, it tastes simply pretty much as good because the day it was made!
Extra Hearty Grain Salads
Did your loved ones love this Kale Quinoa Salad? Depart us a score and a remark under!
Kale Quinoa Salad
This kale and quinoa salad mix two wholesome superfoods – kale and quinoa!
Rinse the quinoa in a superb mesh strainer and drain nicely.
Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with vegetable broth or water.
Carry to a boil, scale back warmth to medium-low, and simmer for quarter-hour or till the liquid has been absorbed. Cowl and let relaxation for five minutes. Cool fully.
As soon as the quinoa has cooled fully, place it in a big bowl.
In a jar, mix all dressing components and shake nicely.
Place the kale within the backside of a medium bowl. Add olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt to the kale. Therapeutic massage the chopped kale together with your fingers till the leaves develop into tender and darkish inexperienced.
Add the cooled quinoa, pecans, carrots, feta cheese, purple onion, and dried cranberries to the bowl.
Pour the dressing over the components and toss nicely to mix.
Refrigerate the salad for a minimum of 1 hour earlier than serving.
To substitute retailer purchased dressing, I’d recommend a light-weight citrusy French dressing.
Energy: 476 | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 35g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 20g | Ldl cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 491mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7954IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.