This simple Egg Noodles recipe is so scrumptious, you’ll make them over and over!
With elements you possible have readily available, the feel is tender and nearly dumpling-like.
They’re the proper aspect dish or an excellent addition to soups or stew.
What are Egg Noodles?
This home made egg noodles recipe differs from pasta because it has extra eggs. Most store-bought dried pasta doesn’t include eggs, and whereas conventional home made pasta has eggs, this recipes makes use of a better ratio.
These home made egg noodles mix flour with a bigger amount of eggs. As soon as blended, the dough is rolled skinny, reduce, and boiled.
These noodles make an excellent aspect dish, are favourite soup or casserole addition, and are scrumptious topped with Hungarian goulash.
Easy methods to Make Egg Noodles
Selfmade egg noodles are very simple to make. They’re made with flour, eggs, milk, and a contact of butter. The butter provides nice taste and makes the dough velvety clean.
- Mix flour with salt, then add milk, eggs, and butter per the total recipe beneath.
- As soon as sticky, switch the dough to a floured floor and knead till clean, including flour if wanted. Relaxation the dough for a bit bit.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to about ¼ or ⅛-inch thickness and reduce into strips.
Suggestions for Good Egg Noodles
- These noodles will plump and thicken as soon as cooked, so roll them a bit thinner than your required thickness. Noodles can be rolled with a pasta machine.
- It is very important use a massive pot of salted boiling water when cooking egg noodles. The noodles want house to cook dinner correctly and the salt provides taste.
- If the noodles are recent, you solely have to cook dinner them for about 3-4 minutes, so have the remainder of your meal able to go!
- As soon as cooked, drain and serve instantly with butter and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or your favourite sauce.
Did you take pleasure in these Selfmade Egg Noodles? Make sure you depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Straightforward Egg Noodles are scrumptious with a fragile, tender texture; preferrred for complementing your favourite recipes!
In a big bowl, mix flour collectively and salt. Put aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the eggs, milk and butter to the flour combination. Stir with a fork to deliver the elements collectively and as soon as a dough begins to return collectively, use your arms to mix.
Knead the dough on a calmly floured work floor, including extra flour a bit bit at a time if it is sticky. Proceed kneading for about 5 minutes or till clean. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and relaxation at room temperature for 20 minutes.
On a calmly floured floor, roll the dough to ¼ or ⅛ inch thickness. Minimize into strips with a pizza cutter or knife and dirt with flour.
Convey a big pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
Add the noodles and cook dinner for 3 minutes or till cooked. Serve with butter or your favourite sauce.
Leftover egg noodles may be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Energy: 320 | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 3.7mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.