Savor the easy pleasure of house cooking!
This simple hamburger casserole recipe combines rotini pasta, lean floor beef, and veggies in a wealthy tomato sauce, all below a bubbly cheese layer.
Excellent for a household dinner or once you’re craving some cozy homestyle cooking.
Weeknight Marvel: Straightforward Hamburger Casserole
- It’s a crowd-pleaser – children and adults each adore it!
- Straightforward to arrange, with easy, widespread components and excellent to sneak in some nutritious veggies.
- Completely price range pleasant and versatile – be happy to combine and match proteins, pastas, and cheeses.
- This floor beef casserole recipe is pure consolation meals once you want a hearty, scrumptious meal.
- Wonderful for meal prep and for saving time on busy weekdays.
Components and Variations
- Pasta: We love rotini as a result of the spirals are excellent for holding onto the savory sauce. In the event you can’t discover rotini, exchange it with one other medium pasta like fusilli, penne, or egg noodles.
- Lean Floor Beef: Lean floor beef is usually referred to hamburger, giving this meaty dish its title. Exchange beef with floor turkey, Italian sausage, or floor hen.
- Frozen Combined Greens: Use any mix you want; I take advantage of a mix with carrots, peas, corn, and inexperienced beans. Including them to the pasta water makes for a quick meal!
- Sauce: This sauce is straightforward however flavorful. Any model of pasta sauce will work and even strive homemade marinara as the bottom. Diced tomatoes add a tangy freshness, I favor petite diced tomatoes if you will discover them. , tomatoes and McCormick oregano, basil, and garlic powder add additional taste. You may swap the spices for homemade Italian seasoning.
- Shredded Cheese: A pre-shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese mix is a superb (and simple) possibility; select any combination you want.
How one can Make Hamburger Casserole
- Prepare dinner pasta per bundle instructions, including the frozen greens in the previous couple of minuts per the recipe under.
- Brown the bottom beef in a big skillet, add sauce components and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Mix noodles, floor beef combination, and cheese in a casserole dish. Prime with cheese and bake till bubbly.
Prep Forward & Leftovers
Maintain leftover hamburger casserole lined in plastic wrap or in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Freeze parts earlier than or after baking, wrapped tightly in foil. Thaw within the fridge in a single day and bake as directed within the recipe.
Did you make this Hamburger Casserole? Depart us a ranking and a remark under!
A simple-to-make casserole loaded with beef, veggies, and a great deal of hamburger taste!
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and cook dinner the rotini al dente in keeping with bundle instructions. Add the frozen blended greens to the boiling water for the final minute of cooking time.
Warmth a 10-inch skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the bottom beef and diced onion to the skillet, cooking till the meat no pink stays. Drain any grease. Stir within the oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Add the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Simmer for 4 to five minutes or till thickened.
In a big bowl, mix the sauce, pasta, and greens. Unfold right into a 2½ quart baking dish and prime with cheese.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or simply till heated by and the cheese is melted.
Energy: 414 | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 31g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 731mg | Potassium: 890mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2943IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 5mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.