That is a straightforward facet dish we make all 12 months lengthy and one in every of my all time favourite salads!
This Greek salad recipe is packed stuffed with contemporary cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes a terrific lunch or is ideal served alongside virtually any meal.
A Favourite Facet Salad
- Since there aren’t any lettuce leaves to wilt, Greek salad is likely one of the greatest picnic and potluck salads; it holds up so nicely!
- Bulk up Greek salad by including diced potatoes or your favourite cooked and chilled pasta like rotini, penne, or macaroni shells. Or make it a light-weight dinner by including chopped salami, shredded chicken, or shrimp!
- Meal prep salad bowls for every week of nutritious and low-calorie lunches by scooping Greek salad onto a mattress of Romaine lettuce, quinoa, orzo, garbanzo, or black beans.
Greek Salad Elements
Greens – Recent chopped greens are the bottom of this recipe.
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Use no matter you’ve that’s contemporary and juicy. If making forward, I choose Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes as they maintain up nicely within the fridge.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper carry crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter shade you’d like. There isn’t any must peel the cucumber.
- Purple Onion add taste to this salad. To make the flavour of pink onion a bit milder, soak the slices in chilly, salted water to neutralize them a bit.
Olives – Kalamata olives add the right taste to this recipe. In the event you aren’t a fan, you’ll be able to go away them out of this recipe or attempt swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, and even capers!
Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. Historically feta cheese is served in a big slice on the salad nevertheless we wish to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chew.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing can (and will) be quite simple, this lets you actually style the contemporary veggies.
A quite simple combination of oil, pink wine vinegar, and contemporary lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano is all you want. When you’ve got a bottle of Greek salad dressing you should use that too however on this combination, we choose the straightforward contemporary dressing.
Feeling Fancy? When you’ve got contemporary herbs readily available together with oregano, parsley, or contemporary dill, sprinkle just a little bit on high. Recent herbs actually can take this dish to the subsequent degree in taste.
Easy methods to Make Greek Salad
Even Panera can’t examine to this fast and straightforward dish!
- Chop the greens into giant chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake nicely (per the recipe under).
- Add feta & garnish with parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Preserve leftover Greek salad in a lined container for as much as 4 days. Add some contemporary veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it nearly as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you take pleasure in this Greek Salad? Remember to go away a score and a remark under!
A easy mixture of contemporary veggies, olives, and feta tossed in a contemporary and straightforward dressing.
Mix all dressing components in a small bowl and blend nicely or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, pink onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss nicely to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up nicely on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will hold for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I often begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is non-compulsory however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese will be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.