Mongolian Beef is a take-out favourite and even higher made at residence in about 20 minutes!
Skinny slices of beef are flash fried and coated in a candy soy sauce, ginger, and garlic sauce.
What’s Mongolian Beef? It’s a easy stir fry with skinny slices of beef simmered in a sauce of soy, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. The brown sugar caramelizes within the soy to make a barely sticky sauce that coats the meat.
Straightforward Take-Out at Residence
I like Chinese language meals dishes, from rooster lettuce wraps to a easy cashew rooster, and like it much more made at residence.
- This recipe is the right stability of savory and candy, complete household will like it!
- Making takeout at residence is straightforward and better of all precisely what components go into it.
- Making Do-it-yourself Mongolian beef is budget-friendly in comparison with eating out.
- It’s so versatile, add veggies like sliced crimson peppers and serve over rice, on a mattress of noodles, and even tucked inside a lettuce wrap.
- This recipe shares my favourite suggestions for additional tender beef and heaps of taste!
Methods to Make Mongolian Beef (PF Chang’s fashion)
It is a actually fast and straightforward Mongolian beef recipe; it’s on the desk in about 20 minutes.
- Coat the slices of beef in cornstarch per the recipe below, flash fry, and put aside.
- Put together the sauce. When the sauce has thickened, add the meat to the pan.
- Serve scorching over rice.
Ideas for Tender Beef
- Add Cornstarch: Toss the meat with cornstarch earlier than cooking. As cornstarch is a pure tenderizer, I take advantage of it on this recipe for tender meat with a pleasant crust and it helps to thicken the sauce.
- Select the Proper Minimize: Select a sort of beef that’s supposed for fast cooking. I take advantage of flank steak or sirloin. Dearer cuts (similar to filet) may also be used however keep away from harder cuts like stewing meat.
- Minimize Throughout the Grain: At all times minimize beef throughout the grain and slice thinly.
- Prepare dinner in Small Batches: Don’t overcrowd the pan; cook dinner in small batches as wanted. Overcrowding the pan may cause the meat to steam moderately than sear.
- For simpler slicing, place the meat within the freezer for about 20 minutes earlier than slicing. Minimize beef throughout the grain into 1/4″ inch slices.
- You will notice the lengthy fibers within the meat, you need to minimize throughout the fibers for tender meat. When you minimize with the fibers the meat might be robust.
What to Serve with Mongolian Beef
Like most stir-fry recipes, rice is an ideal selection for absorbing that garlicky ginger sauce. Steamed or baked white rice will do the trick. Add in a recent steamed veggie, some bok choy, and even some stir-fried veggies.
Methods to Retailer Leftovers
Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 4 days in a coated container within the freezer for as much as 4 months.
Freeze in single parts for a fast packable lunch to deliver to the workplace. They are often reheated straight from the freezer within the microwave or oven.
Did your loved ones love this Mongolian Beef recipe? You’ll want to go away a score and a remark under!
Straightforward Mongolian Beef
Skinny items of beef are rapidly fried & coated in a candy and savory sauce made with soy, ginger, & garlic, then served over a mattress of rice.
Slice the flank steak into skinny ¼” items. Toss with cornstarch, shaking off any extra and put aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, warmth 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-low warmth. Stir in minced ginger and garlic and cook dinner till aromatic, about one minute.
Add soy sauce, water, and brown sugar to the skillet, then deliver to a boil. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes till barely thickened. Switch to a small bowl and put aside.
Warmth 1 tablespoon of oil in a separate pan or wok over medium-high warmth. Prepare dinner the meat in small batches for about 2 minutes. It doesn’t should be cooked via.
As soon as all the beef is browned, add the meat and sauce again to the skillet and warmth over medium till scorching and bubbly.
Take away from warmth and stir in inexperienced onions. Serve over rice.
- Use low-sodium soy sauce for one of the best outcomes.
- For a little bit bit of warmth, add ¼ teaspoon of crimson pepper flakes.
- Prepare dinner the meat in small batches to make sure even browning. Overcrowding the pan may cause it to steam.
- Slice the meat in opposition to the grain for tenderness.
- Alter the sweetness or saltiness of the sauce by various the quantity of brown sugar and soy sauce to style.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or crimson bell pepper strips if desired.
Serving: 4g | Energy: 342 | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 28g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1691mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.