This straightforward Cowboy Caviar Recipe is the proper appetizer and even mild dinner. Take pleasure in it with a bowl chips, as a baked potato topper, or on prime of a plate of nachos!
And when you like this recipe make certain to strive my Spicy Frito Corn Salad too! CRAZY GOOD!
What Is Cowboy Caviar?
It’s a enjoyable title proper? Cowboy Caviar aka Texas Caviar is a bean-style salsa that originated in…you guessed it… Texas! It’s a cross between a chunky salsa and a bean dip, with a quite simple French dressing so as to add tons of taste. Usually it contains black eyed peas, however I don’t love these, so my model makes use of all black beans! I additionally embody a not-so-secret ingredient to essentially deliver out all of the flavors: granulated sugar! There are tons of variations of Cowboy Caviar on the market, so be happy to get artistic! I’ve included a number of concepts afterward on this put up! That is the proper dip to deliver to a potluck, or BBQ!
For the FULL INGREDIENT record CLICK HERE!
- Black beans, rinsed and drained
- Canned corn, drained
- Ro-Tel (diced tomatoes and inexperienced chilis), drained properly
- Recent Cilantro
- Pink bell pepper
- Pink onion
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Granulated sugar. It might sound unusual so as to add sugar to this recipe, nevertheless it actually works! You’ll be able to definitely add much less, and even omit it totally, however I positively suggest you strive it. The delicate sweetness pairs so properly with the savory components, and enhances the general taste! I additionally actually like to make use of an additional high-quality granulated sugar as a result of it dissolves so quick. That is nice in case you are serving this straight away. However don’t fear when you don’t have additional high-quality sugar. Any granulated will work!
- Any mild oil. I like to make use of avocado oil or mild olive oil!
- Juice of a lime
- Ripe avocados
How To Make Cowboy Caviar/Directions:
- All it’s essential to do is add all of the components to a big bowl and stir to mix.
- You’ll be able to get pleasure from this instantly or cowl the bowl and refrigerate to permit the flavors to mix. In the event you let this sit for a number of hours within the fridge all the things comes collectively properly, which makes it an awesome recipe to prep for entertaining!
How To Serve Cowboy Caviar:
The selection is yours! Listed here are some apparent and never so apparent serving concepts:
- With tortilla chips! That is the obvious and well-liked serving concept for Cowboy Caviar.
- On prime of a baked potato! That is such an awesome concept and a solution to flip your potato right into a meal. Simply add just a little butter, cheese, bitter cream, and a complete lot of Cowboy Caviar. SO good!
- In the event you love making nachos, that is such an awesome addition.
- I’ve a recipe for Cowboy Caviar Pizza right here on my web site that this works nice on!
- On prime of grilled hen or steak! I grill tons of hen breasts, particularly in the summertime, and that is so good served proper on prime with a sprinkle of cotija cheese!
- Inside a burrito!
- As a aspect dish on New Years Day! Sub in black eyed peas for a can of the black beans and you’ve got a conventional good luck aspect dish within the new 12 months!
- Any evening while you make a Tex-Mex type dinner or on tacos!
- In a burrito bowl together with your favourite protein and rice!
- On a taco salad!
Can You Make This Cowboy Caviar Recipe Forward?
- In the event you plan on making this recipe upfront, wait so as to add the avocado till able to serve, particularly when you prep a day earlier than. The avocado can flip just a little brown the longer it sits, which is okay taste-wise, nevertheless it’s good so as to add it on the final minute to look prettiest!
- If prepped forward you would possibly discover liquid kinds within the bowl because the veggies macerate. Merely stir the combination up with the liquid, to maximise taste after which drain any extra.
- You’ll be able to retailer this within the fridge for as much as 3 days hermetic.
- Chop all the things the identical dimension! That is such a easy recipe to make that chopping the components is the first a part of the prep! Since you’ll most probably serve this with chips, it’s greatest when all of the components are uniformly diced so it’s simply dipped like a chunky salsa!
- Wash your cilantro properly! Nothing worse than getting sandy cilantro into your cowboy caviar!
- Be sure to empty the can of Ro-Tel properly. The combination will naturally kind some liquid so that you don’t want any added. Similar goes for the corn and black beans!
That is a kind of recipes that may be altered endlessly. Whether or not it’s with seasonings, or greens, the probabilities are limitless! Listed here are a number of straightforward concepts:
- If contemporary tomatoes are in season be happy to swap out the can of Ro-Tel for contemporary. You’ll be able to add in some diced inexperienced chilis if you would like too!
- Omit the cilantro. I do know so many don’t love cilantro, so it’s a quite simple ingredient to go away out (though I personally adore it!). Merely sub in chopped flat leaf parsley as an alternative!
- Swap up the seasonings and add what you want! Cumin, crushed crimson pepper flakes, smoked paprika, chili powder are a number of nice additions to spice it up!
- Use Black Eyed Peas together with the black beans. I don’t love black eyed peas, so I like to make use of all black beans in my recipe, however you possibly can swap them in if you would like, like pinto beans. Actually most beans will work within the recipe.
- Use orange, yellow, or inexperienced bell peppers together with or rather than the crimson bell pepper when you want!
- Add in some inexperienced onions! You would do that on the final minute for a garnish or combine them proper in!
- Use pickled jalapenos as an alternative of contemporary.
- In the event you don’t have contemporary lime juice swap that out for lemon juice and even white or crimson wine vinegar!
Check out the FULL RECIPE HERE! This recipe was made in partnership with my associates at Imperial Sugar. Thanks for supporting the manufacturers that proceed to make this website potential!
PIN for later: