Whip up a batch of baked zucchini fries for a wholesome, healthful snack anytime!
Recent zucchini fries are coated in a Panko parmesan batter and baked till they’re crispy, crunchy, and prepared for dipping!
These will disappear off the platter earlier than you’ve got an opportunity to attempt them, so you should definitely sneak a couple of earlier than serving!
Baked Zucchini Fries
I like to serve french fries as a facet dish, however I could make a whole meal out of those baked parmesan zucchini fries!
- Fast & straightforward! Baked zucchini fries come collectively quick, with little or no prep, and may even be air-fried!
- Baked not fried, however with a deep-fried crispy coating, zucchini fries are a guilt-free snack or facet dish!
- Squash varieties are a wholesome various to starchy, high-carbohydrate veggies like potatoes or carrots. They’ve zero fats, and this recipe has a keto model, too!
Substances and Variations
Zucchini – Zucchini has a agency texture and delicate taste, making it the proper texture for fries, and no have to peel!
Breadcrumbs – Seasoned or do-it-yourself breadcrumbs work on this recipe, however Panko breadcrumbs will present the perfect crunch. Make keto zucchini fries by switching out the Panko for low carb or keto breadcrumbs, or crushed pork rinds and almond flour.
Variations – Sweet potatoes, asparagus, green beans, and even jicama may be breaded and baked into wholesome fries! Or make the oven pull double-duty and bake chicken nuggets subsequent to the zucchini fries.
The right way to Make Zucchini Fries
- Minimize zucchini into fries.
- Combine Panko, parmesan cheese, and oil (per recipe beneath).
- Dredge every zucchini within the flour combine, egg, after which the Panko. Press the crumbs to every zucchini stick to assist them adhere.
- Bake in a scorching oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Serve scorching along with your favourite dipping sauce.
Within the Air Fryer:
This recipe is nice to show into air fryer zucchini fries too.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Place breaded zucchini fries in a single layer within the air fryer basket.
- Cook dinner for quarter-hour, flipping the fries over midway.
Hold leftover baked zucchini fries in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Re-crisp them by spraying them with pan spray and popping them below the broiler for a couple of minutes. Or reheat them within the air fryer.
Did your loved ones get pleasure from these Crispy Zucchini Fries? In that case, depart a remark beneath!
Crispy Zucchini Fries (oven baked)
Tender zucchini fries with a easy parmesan Panko coating are what make these crispy zucchini fries so exhausting to withstand.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
Wash zucchini and minimize into fries (leaving pores and skin on).
Mix Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, pepper & salt. Combine effectively and put aside.
Beat egg & milk collectively in a shallow bowl. In a 3rd dish mix the flour and garlic powder.
Dip every zucchini fry into the flour combination, adopted by the egg combination after which the bread crumb combination. Press the crumbs to stick to the zucchini.
Place zucchini sticks on the ready pan. Bake 14-18 minutes or till crust is crispy.
Serve with chipotle mayo or your favourite dipping sauce.
To make chipotle mayo mix:
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup bitter cream
- 1 chipotle in adobe (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Leftovers will preserve in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Energy: 59 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 180mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 11.7mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.