On the lookout for an appetizer that’s each scrumptious and simple to make? Look no additional!
Crispy Coconut Shrimp is a household favourite with jumbo shrimp coated in a candy coconut coating, cooked crispy and golden brown.
They are often ready forward of time, making them excellent for any gathering or occasion.
Coconut Shrimp are Simple to Make
- Crispy, candy, and tender – this Coconut Shrimp recipe is certain to vanish from the snack desk.
- These shrimp are oven-baked (or air fried) for a pleasant crispy coating.
- Make forward and refrigerate or freeze earlier than baking for a fast and simple appetizer.
- Simply dip, coat, and bake – it’s that easy!
- Making your individual coconut shrimp prices much less than pre-packaged, and extra importantly, tastes higher.
Components & Variations
Shrimp – medium or giant, contemporary or frozen, peeled and deveined. Butterflying the shrimp open can create a extra dramatic presentation, and leaving the tails on could make them simple to choose up and dip.
Coating – the important thing to this recipe is the sunshine, crunchy, candy coconut breading. Shredded coconut is pulsed in a meals processor after which added to breadcrumbs for the right texture and taste. You need to use both sweetened or unsweetened coconut, however sweetened is beneficial.
Seasonings – be at liberty to combine up the seasonings to your liking. Attempt including some selfmade Cajun seasoning or DIY lemon pepper seasoning for a novel twist.
The best way to Make Coconut Shrimp
- Coat the shrimp: Dredge every shrimp in cornstarch and egg, after which roll in a combination of coconut and panko crumbs.
- Bake: Prepare dinner within the oven, air fryer or deep fryer till golden brown.
- Serve: along with your favourite dipping sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce.
An elective step to forestall curling whereas cooking is to skewer every shrimp lengthwise with a small skewer. You’ll want to take away it earlier than serving!
Ideas for Crunchy Coconut Shrimp
- Shake off any extra cornstarch – you simply desire a gentle dusting.
- In case you don’t have cornstarch, you should use all-purpose flour as an alternative.
- Use sweetened coconut flakes for the very best taste though unsweetened coconut flakes can be used.
- Spray the coconut coating with cooking spray earlier than cooking to get a crispy exterior.
- Coconut shrimp cook dinner shortly and home equipment can fluctuate, so remember to test them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
The best way to Put together Forward of Time
To organize shrimp forward of time, observe the recipe beneath. As soon as breaded with coconut, lay the shrimp out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate as much as 24 hours earlier than baking.
- Freeze on the baking sheet and as soon as frozen, switch to a freezer bag or air-tight container. Retailer as much as 2 months earlier than baking.
- Prepare dinner frozen ready shrimp as directed, including 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Leftover shrimp will be saved within the fridge for 3-4 days in an hermetic container or zippered bag.
Extra Shrimp Faves
Did you make these Coconut Shrimp? You’ll want to depart a score and a remark beneath!
Candy Coconut Shrimp are battered and coated in coconut, then oven-baked till golden brown!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, salt, and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
Place the coconut in a meals processor and pulse to create a barely finer texture (or chop with a knife). You don’t need it too superb, simply damaged up a little bit bit. Combine with bread crumbs.
Dredge the shrimp within the cornstarch combination and shake to take away any extra cornstarch. Dip in egg, after which dip into the coconut combination, urgent to stick. Spray with cooking spray.
Place the shrimp on a parchment-lined pan and bake for 8 minutes.
Flip the shrimp and bake for an extra 5-10 minutes or till cooked by. Broil for 1 minute if desired.
Serve heat with candy chili dip (recipe beneath).
Air Fry: cook dinner at 400°F for 7-9 minutes, flipping over after 4 minutes.
Deep fry: preheat oil to 375°F. Fry shrimp in small batches for 3-4 minutes or till golden and cooked by. Drain on paper towel and season to style.
- Cooking time is for big shrimp, modify cooking time for different sizes.
- Spray the shrimp very properly with cooking spray for a crispy exterior.
- You’ll want to shake off any extra cornstarch, you simply desire a gentle dusting. Cornstarch will be changed with all function flour.
- You need to use sweetener or unsweetened coconut flakes, we choose sweetened.
- Coconut shrimp cook dinner quick, test them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
Energy: 329 | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 225mg | Sodium: 1136mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.