Whereas it is turn into so much simpler to take management of an entire bunch of customisation options on iPhone lately, there are nonetheless sure issues which are a bit fiddly.
For a living proof, take scheduling a message. In case you’re trying to do that utilizing Apple’s native Messages app, issues should not so simple as you would possibly hope – we have the solutions you want, proper right here.
Apple / Pocket-lint
Apple iPhone 14
The Apple iPhone 14 is likely one of the newest iPhone fashions, that includes a terrific digicam expertise, good construct high quality and a less expensive value than the Professional fashions.
Easy methods to schedule a textual content message on iPhone
Now, earlier than we get into a sophisticated technique, it is value saying that, at a fundamental stage, there is not a easy means to do that – Apple does not allow you to natively schedule messages.
Nonetheless, when it added the Shortcuts app just a few years in the past, Apple made it potential to arrange all types of automations to get round this form of absent function, and it is Shortcuts that can allow you to schedule a message, utilizing the steps under.
- Open the Shortcuts app (obtain it from the App Retailer if it is lacking)
- Faucet on Automation on the backside of your show
- Hit Create Private Automations or the “+” signal
- Choose Time of Day from the record then select the time for the message to ship
- Choose Month-to-month below Repeat, then select the day of the month for the message to ship
- Faucet Subsequent, then Add Motion
- From the record, choose the Apps part on the prime, then scroll right down to Messages and faucet on it
- Faucet on Ship Message
- Within the automation, faucet on “Message” then sort out your required message
- Subsequent, faucet on Recipients and seek for contacts you need to ship it to
- Faucet Subsequent, then examine over the main points and select whether or not you need the automation to ask earlier than it runs (turning this off will make it automated)
- Faucet Finished
In case you observe the steps above your message will ship on the desired time and date, though one essential element stays – it will be a month-to-month automation that can run when you depart it.
So, if it is a one-time deal for you, then keep in mind to go again into the Shortcuts app and delete the automation as soon as your message has despatched, to make sure it does not ship once more in a month’s time.
This would possibly imply setting a reminder, for an additional layer of admin, but it surely’ll be value it to save lots of your self from double-text embarrassment, we might say.