This blueberry bread recipe is bursting with recent blueberry taste!
Moist, candy, and completely toasted with a slather of honey butter or cream cheese, blueberry bread is a welcome deal with anytime!
Home made Blueberry Bread
- Fast breads are simple and fast to make and take minimal effort and time.
- Bake blueberry bread any time of yr since blueberries come frozen or canned if recent isn’t out there.
- Blueberry bread is so versatile, take pleasure in it for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
- Pack slices of blueberry bread in a backpack or briefcase for a healthful mid-morning snack.
Elements for Blueberry Bread
- Sugar – Granulated sugar provides sweetness and in addition provides this bread simply the suitable texture.
- Eggs– Use room temperature eggs for higher mixing and a fluffier texture. You’ll be able to put them in heat water to shortly deliver them to temperature.
- Mild Cream – I take advantage of half and half on this recipe. You substitute a mix of half milk and half heavy cream.
- Lemon Juice – Don’t skip the lemon juice, it provides to the rise of this bread. Recent lemon juice or bottled are each best.
- Almond Extract – That is added for taste, substitute with vanilla extract if wanted.
- All-Goal Flour – Use recent flour and spoon and stage it as a substitute of scooping straight with a measuring cup to keep away from over-packing.
- Baking Powder – Freshness ensures a very good rise. Drop a bit in heat water, and if it fizzes, it’s nonetheless good!
- Blueberries –Frozen or recent blueberries work on this recipe. If utilizing frozen, there is no such thing as a must thaw.
Methods to Make Blueberry Bread
- Combine the moist components collectively (per recipe beneath) in a bowl.
- Whisk the dry components collectively in a separate bowl after which regularly add the dry combination to the moist combination, being cautious to not overmix.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake till a picket decide comes out clear.
- Take away the bread from the pan and funky on a wire rack.
For Muffins: Scoop batter equally right into a ready muffin tin and bake for 22-26 minutes or till a picket decide comes out clear.
Make the Glaze:
- Stir the powdered sugar and milk collectively till easy.
- Drizzle over the loaf as soon as it’s cool.
Ideas for the Greatest Blueberry Bread
- Line the pan with parchment paper for simple elimination.
- Frozen blueberries don’t should be thawed however would possibly want just a few additional minutes of baking time.
- Toss the berries with a little bit of flour to maintain them suspended within the bread because it bakes!
- Don’t overmix the batter otherwise you’ll have a dense bread.
- Lemon zest is a tasty addition to this blueberry loaf; if including zest, skip the almond extract.
Methods to Retailer Blueberry Bread
Preserve leftover blueberry bread in a lined container at room temperature for as much as 4 days. Fast bread freezes completely because it isn’t as delicate as pastry or cake. Bake, cool, wrap, and freeze!
Did you make this Blueberry Bread? Remember to depart a score and a remark beneath!
Take pleasure in this delish blueberry bread recipe for a breakfast deal with, snack, or dessert!
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and flour an 8×4 loaf pan.
In a big mixing bowl, cream collectively the butter and sugar, then incorporate the eggs and cream. Stir within the lemon juice and almond extract till effectively blended.
In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Steadily add the dry combination to the butter combination, stirring till simply mixed. Watch out to not over combine.
Put aside 2 tablespoons of blueberries for topping the bread. Fold within the remaining blueberries. (If they’re very juicy, they are often tossed in a tablespoon of flour to forestall them from sticking.)
Pour the batter into the ready pan, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle the reserved blueberries excessive.
Bake the bread for 60-65 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
Take away the bread from the oven then take away from the pan and place it on a cooling rack.
Combine collectively the powdered sugar and milk to create a easy glaze. Drizzle over the loaf as soon as it is cool sufficient to deal with.
Cool, cowl with plastic wrap and aluminum foil (both particular person slices or the entire loaf), and freeze for as much as 6 months.
Energy: 213 | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 336IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.