Contemporary, crisp, and irresistibly flavorful, this BLT Salad is an all-time favourite.
Filled with contemporary greens, juicy tomatoes, crumbled bacon, and cheese, it packs a basic BLT sandwich goodness in each chew.
Drizzle this with a creamy herb dressing, and revel in for a light-weight lunch or a facet at dinner.
An Simple Favourite Salad
- Benefit from the conventional BLT sandwich in a refreshing, salad type.
- It’s contemporary and crispy, salty and smoky and it comes collectively very quickly, good for busy weeknights.
- It may be served as a fill meal or as a facet dish, and the components are simply customizable to your style.
- The dressing is creamy and filled with herbs however simply wants a few components and a shake in a mason jar.
- It’s naturally low-carb and might simply be topped with grilled rooster when you’d like, it’s the good dinner throughout hotter months.
BLT Salad Substances
Something that goes into a daily BLT sandwich will be made right into a salad! All that’s wanted is a couple of easy-to-find components.
- Lettuce: Iceberg and romaine lettuce are the bottom of this salad and have a satisfying crunch
- Parsley: Two tablespoons, chopped. For a touch of freshness.
- Tomatoes: Minimize a contemporary tomato into chunks, or use halved cherry tomatoes for a candy and juicy pop.
- Bacon: If time permits, prepare dinner your personal bacon for the perfect taste (we place it on a rimmed baking sheet and prepare dinner bacon in the oven). If you happen to’re brief on time, use actual bacon bits however crisp them within the microwave first. Substitute turkey bacon when you’d choose.
- Inexperienced Onions: We love the savory taste they add; exchange them with thinly sliced crimson onion when you’d like.
- Cheese: Select blue cheese, cheddar, or feta – take your decide!
The best way to Make a BLT Salad
- Add the dressing components to a jar and shake to mix.
- Place chopped lettuce in a bowl and high with remaining components per the recipe beneath.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve instantly.
To make forward, put the salad in a zippered bag or container and put the dressing in a separate container to decorate when it’s time to take pleasure in.
Dressing for BLT Salad
The tangy dressing enhances the flavors of bacon and tomato on this salad. It additionally makes a fantastic dip for contemporary veggies, too!
Leftover BLT salad will be saved for as much as 3 days within the fridge if it’s in a coated container.
Simply refresh the flavors with slightly additional salt and pepper and serve! BLT salad is ideal in a wrap or piled onto a toasted ciabatta roll!
Have you ever tried this BLT Salad? You’ll want to depart a score and a remark beneath!
This BLT salad is fast and straightforward to arrange with all of the basic BLT sandwich flavors we love!
Place lettuce in a big bowl and high with remaining components.
In a mason jar with a lid, mix bitter cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk or milk, lemon juice, sugar, onion powder, dill, and garlic powder. Shake effectively to mix and add salt and pepper to style.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss effectively to mix. Serve instantly.
- Use pre-cooked bacon or cook some up in the oven.
- Wash lettuce as much as 3 days upfront, shake dry, and retailer within the fridge.
- If utilizing retailer purchased dressings, ranch or blue cheese pair effectively.
Optionally available additions
Chopped Boiled Eggs
Energy: 486 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 44g | Saturated Fats: 15g | Ldl cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 767mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3872IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.