Antipasto salad is a Mediterranean-inspired favourite full of contemporary and brined elements!
Marinated veggies and olives, contemporary mozzarella cheese, and your alternative of Italian meats are drizzled with a tangy French dressing and served over a mattress of lettuce!
This antipasto salad recipe just isn’t solely a showstopper to take a look at, however it’s jam-packed with taste.
What’s Antipasto Salad?
- Antipasto is the primary course of an Italian meal and often consists of meats, cheeses, and different numerous bites served charcuterie board type.
- On this recipe, a typical antipasto plate has been changed into a salad for a gentle summer time entrée or as a filling lunch.
- Antipasto salad is a low-carb and low-calorie lovers’ dream; it’s scrumptious and chock filled with wholesome elements!
- All of your favourite pizza toppings come collectively in a single fast and simple salad.
- Add any additional veggies that you’ve in your fridge!
Components for Antipasto Salad
Romaine Lettuce: This can be a hearty lettuce that pairs nicely with the opposite elements. Add a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw, for added vitamins and crunch.
Veggies & Cheese: Select marinated artichoke hearts, inexperienced & kalamata olives, tomatoes, and contemporary mozzarella pearls or bocconcini. Crimson onions, contemporary basil, and parsley not solely add a taste increase but additionally make lovely garnishes!
Meat: Genoa salami, prosciutto, and pepperoni present a salty steadiness. Strive an Italian charcuterie blended package deal from the grocery for selection in only one package deal.
Dressing: Home made Italian dressing is our prime choose as an antipasto salad dressing, however select your favourite bottled French dressing in place. Alternatively, a easy mix of extra-virgin olive oil, purple wine vinegar, and contemporary lemon juice is scrumptious.
Variations & Substitutions
- Veggies: Roasted purple peppers add a candy and smoky taste.
- Provolone Cheese: Substitute diced provolone for mozzarella.
- Further Artichokes: For individuals who love the tang of artichokes, don’t hesitate so as to add extra.
- Pepperoncini: In the event you’re a fan of warmth, pepperoncini peppers will present simply the correct amount.
- Extra Olives: For olive lovers, add additional kalamata or inexperienced olives, or attempt stuffed olives.
Learn how to Make Antipasto Salad
It’s delish and really easy to place collectively:
- Prepare washed romaine lettuce (or different greens) on a platter or in a big bowl. Drizzle with dressing.
- Prime with the remaining salad elements.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper & a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil or further dressing if desired.
Storing Leftover Salad
- If planning for leftovers, add the dressing to every serving as a substitute of dressing the entire salad. Dressed salad could wilt if left within the fridge.
- Leftover marinated greens and cheese may be made into an antipasto pasta salad utilizing rotini, penne, or elbow macaroni.
Did you make this Antipasto Salad? Depart us a ranking and a remark beneath!
A fast and simple salad with all of the flavors of everybody’s favourite Italian-inspired appetizer.
If making home made dressing, put together the dressing and refrigerate to permit flavors to mix.
Wash and dry the greens and tear into bite-sized items. Prepare on a big platter or in a bowl and drizzle with among the dressing (a number of tablespoons).
Gently prime the salad with remaining elements and drizzle with further dressing to style.
Serve with contemporary herbs and grilled bread if desired.
- ½ cup vegetable oil (or use half olive oil, half vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons purple wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon every Dijon mustard and honey
- ½ teaspoon every Italian seasoning, oregano, and garlic powder
- salt and pepper to style
If planning for leftovers, drizzle the dressing on particular person servings as a substitute of over the entire salad.
You should use any combination of Italian meats. Most grocery shops promote a package deal of blended cured meats for selection!
Use both contemporary bocconcini or contemporary mozzarella that has been diced. Marinated mozzarella is nice on this recipe too.
Energy: 482 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 32g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Ldl cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 4844mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7348IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.